Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Flashback: Johnny Cash

Hello there, my name is tldr and I'm an addic-Oh wait, wrong intro. Anyways, like I said, I'm tldr and this is my first post on this blog. So how about we just get started, eh?

Okay, Johnny Cash. He's already a legend so there really isn't any reason for me to further talk him up, so I'm just gonna paste some of my favourite Johnny Cash songs and hopefully you'll like them.

First is Folsom Prison Blues. The original version of this song was released on December 15 1955 as the eleventh track on his first album (title: With His Hot and Blue Guitar). This particular recording was done in 1974 in Tennessee Stat Penitentiary in front of inmtes for a special called "Behind Prison Walls".


Next is Man in Black. This song was first released in 1971 on the album of the same name, and it explains why he likes to wear black, basicly. This video was taken from some TV show in 1971 (Thats all the info I have).


The last song is Hurt. This song was written by Trent Reznor and released by Nine Inch Nails in 1994, but in 2002 Johnny Cash released his own version of the song, and I think he did a very good job. This video is the music video for Johnny Cash's version.

Honorable mention; Heart of Gold, a cover of Neil Youngs song. Although Neil Young did a very good job on this song on his own, and it has been covered by lots of other musicians, I must admit that Johnny Cash did a very good job on this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment